- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, Postdoctoral Fellow
- Lab of Dr. Pere Puigserver
- Tufts University, Boston, MA. Ph.D. in Genetics
- Lab of Dr. Philip W. Hinds
- Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China, B.S., Biotechnology
Chi Luo received funding from Outrun the Sun, Inc. to support his research program entitled:
Exploring ERRalpha as a therapeutic target in a subset of oxidative melanomas. Dr. Luo is
working on the interplay between metabolism and metastasis in melanoma, trying to uncover
the mechanism by which the metabolic regulator PGC1a modulates metastasis.
Luo previously reported that a subset of human melanomas highly depends on oxidative
metabolism for survival. By proteomics, he identified a druggable protein ERRalpha as a
putative factor mediating this metabolic dependency in a subset of melanomas. He continues
to test the contributions of ERRalpha to melanoma pathogenesis, as well as the efficacy of
targeting ERRalpha in the treatment of melanomas in preclinical models.